2021 Honda Marine BF20 L Type
A portable powerhouse.
The BF15 and BF20 are as convenient as you can get. At just 104 pounds, they are among the lightest in their class. Yet they‘re all Honda DNA: quiet, reliable, fuel efficient, and loaded with features.
Like the highest output charging system in their class, giving you plenty of power for all your electronics, even when trolling.
Or large displacement for a powerful performance. Choose the BFP Power Thrust design for even more boost, with 60% more thrust in reverse and 15% more in forward.
Add in easy one hand starting, shallow water drive, power tilt, and much more, and you’ve got the ideal combination of power and portability.
Features may include:
Reliable, efficient 4-stroke design
- World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
Large Displacement - better performance
- At 21.4 cubic inches, the BF15 and 20 have one of the largest displacements in its class. Along with the long-stroke design, this provides optimum torque throughout the RPM range.
Easy One Hand Starting
- A built-in decompression release and digital CDI system set the BF15 and 20’s ignition timing. This reduces the effort required to pull-start the engine by hand by 40%!
- The lightest 4-stroke model in their class, the BF15 and 20 are easy to transport and convenient to mount.
Available with Power Thrust Design (BFP) - better performance for heavy loads
- The 10" x 7 5/8" Power Thrust 4-blade propeller creates 60% more thrust in reverse and 15% more in forward. The result? Improved maneuverability and performance.
Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions
- Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
True 5 Warranty
- Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the first day as it is on the last.
High Output Charging - more power!
- The BF15 and 20 have the largest alternator in their class. These motors generate 12 Amps at only 3000 RPM. This helps to maintain battery charge and keep electronics running at trolling speeds.
4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements
- A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.