2021 Honda Marine BF2.3 L TypeThe best things come in small packages.
And that’s especially true with Honda’s BF2.3, one of the world’s lightest four-stroke outboards. The BF2.3 is so light, it rivals many two-stroke 2HP engines and electric motors, without the battery!
But just because it’s lightweight doesn’t mean we cut back on the power. The BF2.3 features 15% more power over its predecessor. Plus we added a 12% larger internal gas tank, which provides for about one hour of operation at wide open throttle. It’s a technologically advanced design that gives you power and performance – without sacrificing portability.
Features may include:Reliable, efficient 4-stroke design
More power - without sacrificing portability
- World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
Lightweight and compact
- With 15% more horsepower over its predecessor, this ultra light weight powerhouse produces surprising speed and maneuverability.
Precise Throttle Control
- The BF2.3 is incredibly light and easy to transport. Weighing less than 30 pounds, it's the ideal engine for dinghys, car-toppers and other types of small boats.
Forced air cooled engine - no water pump worries
- A twist grip throttle allows for precise throttle control. The throttle tensioner minimizes driver fatigue.
Ultra low 3 star CARB emissions - Environmentally concious technology
- The air-cooled block eliminates concern over clogged water pumps and debris being sucked into the powerhead, as well as reducing maintenance.
True 5 Warranty - unmatched peace of mind
- Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
Easy starting, maintenance free transistor ignition
- Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the first day as it is on the last.
Easy to carry and install
- Maintenance-free, high-energy output for quick and easy starts.
360° swivel steering - added manueverability
- A front mounted carrying handle provides superior portability and ease of installation.
Centrifugal clutch - better performance
- Provides excellent maneuverability in tight areas as well as full thrust in reverse (at 180°).
- The centrifugal clutch maintains a smooth idle and when advanced, automatically engages the prop above idle speed. It's like having a neutral position.