2021 Honda Marine BF9.9 S Type
Portable, fuel efficient, and powerful.
The BF8 and BF9.9 offer more of what you want. More battery charging power. Easier to use features. Quieter performance. Dependable performance in a portable package. Better reliability. And with Honda’s exclusive True 5 warranty, the best warranty in the business.
Add in the optional Power Thrust design, and you’ve got an even more powerful and world-known Honda four-stroke motor, with 60% more thrust in reverse and 15% more in forward.
Features may include:
Reliable, efficient 4-stroke design
- World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
Easy One Hand Starting
- The digital CDI ignition retards the spark to top-dead-center during start up to greatly reduce effort required to pull-start the engine by hand.
True 5 Warranty
- Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the first day as it is on the last.
Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions
- Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements
- A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
Available with Power Thrust Design (BFP) - better performance for heavy loads
- The combination of the 2.33:1 gear ratio and the 10" x 6 1/2" Power Thrust 4-blade propeller creates 60% more thrust in reverse and 15% more in forward. The result is improved maneuverability and performance.
Reverse Exhaust Relief - increased manueverability (BFP models)
- The Power Thrust model's exhaust relief feature creates more power in reverse by minimizing cavitation around the propeller blades. The exhaust relief is located above the cavitation plate, allowing the prop to run in clean, exhaust-free water.
Longer Tiller Handle - improved control
- A convenient longer tiller handle improves control and reduced steering effort. The extended handle is made of a lightweight composite, increasing its durability while decreasing the motor's weight.
- Conveniently tilts the engine out of the water for easy lift-off and transport.
Engine Alert System - Keeps you informed
- The integrated warning system protects the engine from severe damage due to low oil, over-revving and overheating.